Who we are
We are Clim8 Invest Limited (“Clim8”, “we”, “our”, “us”). Your privacy and the security of your personal data is extremely important to us. This document is our Privacy Notice to you.
If you have any questions about this notice you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What information we hold about you
As data controller, we hold:
- Information submitted through our mobile app or our website – for example, when you sign up for an account and provide details such as your name and address, or data we collect about how you use our products.
- Details of your transaction history, such as the investments you have made.
- Information tied to your usage or settings on your phone or computer – for example, the mobile network you use, your IP address or operating system.
We are committed to making sure that the data we collect and retain about you is always adequate, relevant and not excessive.
Please let us know if your information changes so that we can ensure the data we hold is accurate.
How we use your information
To offer our services to you, we use your information to:
- Help manage your account and resolve any problems.
- Track and analyse the performance of the services we provide you and other users with a view to improving them.
- Make regulatory or governmental reports based on your activity where necessary.
- Help prevent illegal activities.
- Market and communicate our products and services where we think these will be of interest to you. You can always unsubscribe from receiving these if you want to.
Our basis for processing your information (the reason why we need it) is always lawful and as a result of:
- Our commitment to uphold contractual agreements.
- If we have your permission to do so.
- To comply with legal or regulatory obligations.
- If we deem that doing so benefits you or us and does not infringe on your rights to privacy. This is known as a ‘legitimate interest’.
Who will we share it with?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Anyone who works for us if they need it to do their job.
- Select third parties that support us in offering services to and communicating with you.
- Certain authorities to detect and prevent illicit activities.
- Anyone you give us explicit permission to share it with.
We may also do so if we must to comply with the law, to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, or others.
You have the right:
- To access personal data we hold about you.
- To obtain a copy of the data and request that we delete it.
If you want to action this, please email us at email@example.com
Things we don’t do
- Share identifiable personal data with third parties for their direct marketing.
- Keep your personal information for longer than we are compelled to by regulation. We’ll then delete it securely and safely.
Where your data is stored
The data we collect from you may be transferred to and stored somewhere outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) if we have specific agreements and/or due diligence in place. In certain circumstances it may also be processed by staff outside the EEA who work for us or a select third party.
Like almost everyone else on the internet, we use “cookies” and you should be conscious to accept this when using our mobile application or website. Cookies are small text files used to store information on web browsers. Other technologies, including data we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device, and other software, are used for similar purposes. Note that cookies do not store any of your financial details.
Cookies help us to improve our website and mobile application and give users a better experience. We use them to:
- Keep track of how often users come to our website and see how they interact with it (Google Analytics).
- Let users share content and posts they find interesting (social plugin tools).
- Manage the waitlist queue as effectively and efficiently as possible (KickoffLabs).
If you wish to block cookies you can do this in your browser’s settings.
Changes to this policy
We continuously review our policies and procedures in order to improve. We’ll let you know about any important changes being made here.